By 1959 the Club’s membership had increased to 73 members. The little cottage had served its purpose as a clubhouse for many years but as the membership increased it was no longer adequate. At a meeting of the Club’s Board of Directors on March 9th 1968, Larry Hennings reported that the City had approved approximately $35,000.00 for the construction of a new Jefferson Park Lawn Bowling Club clubhouse. Approximately $21,000.00 of the amount allocated was to come from the “Forward Thrust” bond issue and was contingent upon the receipt of matching funds. After considerable study by the JPLBC Board, it was felt that the challenge of raising matching funds should be met. Under the leadership of Ivor Bebb, president of the Club from 1964 to 1970, the first appeal for support from the Club’s 150 members was launched on June 5th 1968. By the end of the year, pledges in the amount of $19,500.00 had been made. The names of the building fund donor’s appear on a plaque mounted on the Clubhouse wall.
On April 17th 1970, John Andrews from the Park Department and Ivor Bebb broke ground for the new clubhouse. The dedication ceremony was held on September 24th 1970. With a bagpipe prelude and a flag raising ceremony, the clubhouse key was presented to President Ivor Bebb by Seattle Mayor Wesley Uhlman. Master of ceremonies for the day was Larry Hennings.